The tour mainly focus on in-depth explanations of local Chinese’s culture and life during the colonial era by exploring the buildings along the trials of Central and Western District. Participants may try the herbal tea, herbal snacks and snake soup during the tour. Walking along the “Victoria City” of the colonial Hong Kong, you will get a glimpse of both the Western and Chinese medical, historical buildings and local old shops of Hong Kong.
||Every Tue & Sat (AM session:09:00 / PM session:14:00)
Approx. 4 hours (Book at least 2 days in advance)
||MTR Sai Ying Pun Station, Exit C
||MTR Sheung Wan station
||Approx. 2.5 km
|Difficulty (Max. *****)
|Number of participants
||2-10 (if you have 10+ people, please contact us)
- The first hospital for local Chinese and earliest Chinese style temple of Hong Kong
- Building with western design but Chinese characteristics
- History of Chinese medical in the Tai Ping Shan area of the past
- The possession point of Hong Kong by the British navy
- A taste of herbal tea, herbal snacks and visit the oldest snake soup shop in Hong Kong
Route: Sai Ying Pun MTR Station, Exit C High street Hong Kong Museum of Medical Sciences Kwong Fuk Ancestral Hall Tung Wah Hospital Possession Street Man Mo Temple Jervois Street
HK$420/US$55 per person (Same for child and adult)
* HKTB Non-funded New products program promoted routes, special offer for HKTB Tourists.
What is included
- Professional Cultural Guide (Mandarin/English speaking)
- Insurance of HK$100,000 for accidental death and disablement (per accidental limit)
What is not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal Overseas Travel Insurance is Highly Recommended.
- Date and timing of the Guide schedule might be changed by tour guide on spot depending on the traffic, weather and the environmental condition etc. on spot according to the principle of safety.
- Itineraries are subject to change without prior notice due to local conditions, transportation changes or if any unexpected circumstances (like Heavy Rain, Earthquake, War or Natural Disaster). We reserve the right to re-arrange, cancel or replace the elements of the itinerary. We are not responsible for any loss if tour itinerary / timing of transportation changed in response to unforeseen circumstances.