Sai Kung boasts the longest stretch of coastline in Hong Kong, and the most numerous outlying islands. Some islands are unique in natural scenery that they adorn the sea like luminous pearls. Others feature extraordinary rugged profiles and rear up abruptly from the water.
Sai Kung is a unique region of imposing rich geodiversity. These famous geosites include the magnificent sea stacks, the breathtaking tubular rock columns and sea caves, the typical coastal terrain, rare acidic hexagonal volcanic rock columns of High Island, and rhyolite on Sharp Island.
||Approx. 3 hours (Book at least 2 days in advance)
||Sai Kung Town Centre
||Sai Kung Town Centre
|| Approx. 1.4 km
|Difficulty (Max. *****)
|Number of participants
||3-10 (if you have 10+ people, please contact us)
- Boat Tour of Sai Kung Volcanic Islands
- Magnificent hexagonal volcanic rock columns and coastal erosion landforms
- Traditional Sai Kung Fishing village Sampan or boat experience
- Professional Geopark Guides Interpretation
- Route: Sai Kung Kau Sai Chau High Island Bell-shaped Arch Elephant trunk cave Land on Sharp Island (Approx. 30mins) Sai Kung
- Inner Port Shelter: Panorama View of Sai Kung Town Center and Islands
- Kau Sai Chau: Old fishing village and beauty coastal scenery
- High Island: High Island rare acidic hexagonal volcanic rock column
- Bell-shaped Arch: Sea Stack and Sea Arch on the Jin Island
- Elephant trunk cave: Interesting landscape on Sharp Island
- Land on Sharp Island (Approx. 30mins): Witness of the ancient caldera with the igneous rocks, observing the “Pineapple Bun Rock”.
HK$975/US$125 person (Same for child and adult)
What is included
- Professional Geopark Guides (R2G) (English/Mandarin speaking)
- Boat tour of Sai Kung Islands (Boat)
- Insurance of HK$100,000 for accidental death and disablement (per accidental limit)
What is not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Personal Overseas Travel Insurance is Highly Recommended
- Date and timing of the Guide schedule might be changed by tour guide on spot depending on the traffic, weather and the environmental condition etc. on spot according to the principle of safety.
- Itineraries are subject to change without prior notice due to local conditions, transportation changes or if any unexpected circumstances (like Heavy Rain, Earthquake, War or Natural Disaster). We reserve the right to re-arrange, cancel or replace the elements of the itinerary. We are not responsible for any loss if tour itinerary / timing of transportation changed in response to unforeseen circumstances.